Founder, Tinker Kitchen — 2015–Present
Tinker Kitchen is a makerspace for food hackers currently in construction in the Mission District in San Francisco.
Director of Product Strategy, Creative Commons — 2013–2014
- Led effort to define and create new products to sustainably pursue the Creative Commons mission.
- Performed extensive user research on digital content creators, and on K-12 teachers in particular, to determine user needs and guide potential products.
- Oversaw creation of storyboards and prototypes.
Product Manager, Identity, Mozilla Corporation — 2010–2013
- Responsible for the roadmap and feature-set of Mozilla's identity products and features. Developed use-cases and product requirements, built consensus around product direction and priorities.
- Launched Mozilla Persona, a decentralized website sign-in solution. Responsible for concept, vision, strategy, and overall product direction. Grew adoption to thousands of sites in 2013, and identity team to 20+.
- Encouraged and participated in user studies and research, from early-stage to usability testing. Oversaw creation of experimental prototypes.
- Worked with Firefox and services teams to enable Firefox Accounts natively in the browser, to unify browser synchronization, services integration, and Persona website sign-in.
- Worked with Mozilla's leadership and partners to integrate carrier IDs and billing into Firefox OS (Mozilla’s smartphone OS) for its initial launch.
- Created videos and blog posts, gave talks, and met with partners to foster a community, gather requirements, and evangelize our product. Occasionally spoke to press.
Senior Software Engineer, Mozilla Corporation — 2006–2010
- Founding member of Mozilla Labs, focused on services integration into Firefox.
- Designed, prototyped, and led the team which created Weave (now built-in as Firefox Sync).
- Contributed to experiments such as People/Contacts, a cloud-enabled contacts database and content API.
- Worked on the Firefox bookmarks UI and backend to migrate to sqlite store.
- Created automated system for customized Firefox builds, reducing turn-around from weeks to minutes.
Software Engineer, Ximian Inc./Novell Inc. — 2001–2007
- Designed, developed, and maintained components of the Red Carpet/ZENworks systems management suite for Linux in C#.
- Hacked on, built, and released Ximian Desktop on a variety of platforms. Ported to new ones such as HP-UX.
- Maintained the Ximian Build System: a cross-platform and client-server build and packaging system for building, testing, and releasing Ximian products.
Duke University — BS Computer Science, class of 2000
- Design thinking.
- Distilling product requirements and user stories.
- Brainstorming and whiteboarding with all stakeholders.
- Defining go to market strategy and MVP.
- Presentations and public speaking. Some media training.
- Mac, Linux, and Windows experience.
- Moderate knowledge of angular, react-native.
- Release processes, bug tracking, and source management.
- Security and cryptography.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, conversational Italian, intermediate Japanese. Collector of kitchen equipment and food science nerd.